AMES, Iowa — Former Utah standout Will Clyburn says he's agreed to transfer to Iowa State.
Clyburn, a 6-foot-7 guard/forward who led the Utes in scoring and rebounding this season, tells The Associated Press that he is planning to sign a financial aid agreement with the Cyclones in the coming days.
Clyburn will have to sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules, and he'll be eligible at Iowa State for just the 2012-13 season.
But Clyburn could be yet another find for Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg.
Clyburn, who played his first two seasons at nearby Marshalltown Community College, averaged 17.1 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Utes last season.
Clyburn and former Michigan State guard Korie Lucious will both play their final seasons for Iowa State in 2012-13.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21