AMES, Iowa — Former Utah standout Will Clyburn says he's agreed to transfer to Iowa State.
Clyburn, a 6-foot-7 guard/forward who led the Utes in scoring and rebounding this season, tells The Associated Press that he is planning to sign a financial aid agreement with the Cyclones in the coming days.
Clyburn will have to sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules, and he'll be eligible at Iowa State for just the 2012-13 season.
But Clyburn could be yet another find for Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg.
Clyburn, who played his first two seasons at nearby Marshalltown Community College, averaged 17.1 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Utes last season.
Clyburn and former Michigan State guard Korie Lucious will both play their final seasons for Iowa State in 2012-13.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 23
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21