AMES, Iowa — Former Utah standout Will Clyburn says he's agreed to transfer to Iowa State.
Clyburn, a 6-foot-7 guard/forward who led the Utes in scoring and rebounding this season, tells The Associated Press that he is planning to sign a financial aid agreement with the Cyclones in the coming days.
Clyburn will have to sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules, and he'll be eligible at Iowa State for just the 2012-13 season.
But Clyburn could be yet another find for Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg.
Clyburn, who played his first two seasons at nearby Marshalltown Community College, averaged 17.1 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Utes last season.
Clyburn and former Michigan State guard Korie Lucious will both play their final seasons for Iowa State in 2012-13.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 113
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 62
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33