To wit, the Jazz finished with eight blocked shots, including three by rookie Derrick Favors and two by Jefferson.
Jefferson was as thrilled as anyone on the team about the win, and he only scored eight points — 11 below his average.
"We took care of the ball and ran the offense. We trusted the offense," Jefferson said. "When (we) play like that, it's kind of hard to beat us."
Unfortunately, that is something the Jazz have not been able to claim very often the last couple of months while falling out of the playoff race, losing their Hall of Fame coach and their team leader.
In beating a playoff team on the road for the second time in a week — including Tuesday's 86-85 win over the Lakers — the Jazz also played with a collective effort (25 assists), enthusiasm and simply had fun.
"That's one of the things that's been missing because of the fact we felt like we weren't going to the playoffs and things were going bad," Miles said.. "We weren't having fun anymore, and it was taking away from the game. We just wanted to play tonight, and you could see it."
Now that they've improved their play, the Jazz (38-43) are bummed they only have one more time to play together — Wednesday's season-finale at home against Denver.
"I kind of hate we only got one game left," Jefferson said. "I wish we had another 10 more."
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in the...
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost while...
- High school baseball: 5A team-by-team region...
- BYU basketball: Prior to Gonzaga loss,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona wipeout not a killer for Utes
- High school baseball: 4A team-by-team region...
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has torn...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 104
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 68
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 57
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes eager to... 32