Utah Utes basketball: Alex Jensen finalist for final assistant job
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah basketball player Alex Jensen is a candidate for an assistant basketball coaching position under new Ute basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak.
Jensen was at the Huntsman Center Monday afternoon to be interviewed and Krystkowiak confirmed that Jensen is one of three candidates for the remaining assistant coaching slot.
Earlier Krystkowiak hired former Ute player and assistant Tommy Connor and Colorado State assistant coach DeMarlo Slocum, who has been with the Rams for three years.
Jensen played for four years at Utah and was the Mountain West Conference player of the year in 1999-2000 and was named to the All-Century Team in 2008 as one of the top 15 players in Utah basketball history. For the past four seasons, he has been an assistant coach to Rick Majerus at Saint Louis University.
Also, the U. sports information department confirmed that junior forward Antonio DiMaria will not return to the program next year.
"I appreciate the opportunity I had here at Utah," DiMaria said. "It's time for me to explore other options. I enjoyed the year I spent in Utah and I wish them luck next year. "
Redshirt freshman guard Preston Guiot announced over the weekend that he will be returning home to play for his father at Southwest Baptist in Missouri.
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22