Utah Utes basketball: Alex Jensen finalist for final assistant job
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah basketball player Alex Jensen is a candidate for an assistant basketball coaching position under new Ute basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak.
Jensen was at the Huntsman Center Monday afternoon to be interviewed and Krystkowiak confirmed that Jensen is one of three candidates for the remaining assistant coaching slot.
Earlier Krystkowiak hired former Ute player and assistant Tommy Connor and Colorado State assistant coach DeMarlo Slocum, who has been with the Rams for three years.
Jensen played for four years at Utah and was the Mountain West Conference player of the year in 1999-2000 and was named to the All-Century Team in 2008 as one of the top 15 players in Utah basketball history. For the past four seasons, he has been an assistant coach to Rick Majerus at Saint Louis University.
Also, the U. sports information department confirmed that junior forward Antonio DiMaria will not return to the program next year.
"I appreciate the opportunity I had here at Utah," DiMaria said. "It's time for me to explore other options. I enjoyed the year I spent in Utah and I wish them luck next year. "
Redshirt freshman guard Preston Guiot announced over the weekend that he will be returning home to play for his father at Southwest Baptist in Missouri.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 38
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 36
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8