WEST VALLEY CITY — The Stockton Thunder scored 3:54 into sudden-death overtime to edge the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 on Wednesday night and tied up their best-of-five series at one game apiece.
J.P. Lamoureux stopped 39 of 42 shots in the game and all 29 through two periods as Utah held a 1-0 lead after 40 minutes. The Grizzlies took the lead on a first-period power-play goal from Giffen Nyren 8:56 into the opening frame.
Stockton scored two messy goals in front of the net in a span of 3:29 to erase the 1-0 deficit and take a 2-1 third-period lead. The lead held for only 2:46 before Brett Parnham tied it on a power-play goal to tie things up at 2-2 with 4:55 left in regulation. Simon Ferguson and Matt Reber picked up the assists.
Utah vs. Stockton
Game 1: Utah 5, Stockton 2
Game 2: Stockton 3, Utah 2 (OT)
Game 3: Saturday, April 9, Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Game 4: Sunday, April 10, Utah at Stockton, 5 p.m.*
Game 5: Tuesday, April 12, Utah at Stockton, 8 p.m.*
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 4: Ranking the...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Ute coach Kyle Whittingham congratulates...
- Pac-12 conference is off to strong start in 2014
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 111
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29