WEST VALLEY CITY — The Stockton Thunder scored 3:54 into sudden-death overtime to edge the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 on Wednesday night and tied up their best-of-five series at one game apiece.
J.P. Lamoureux stopped 39 of 42 shots in the game and all 29 through two periods as Utah held a 1-0 lead after 40 minutes. The Grizzlies took the lead on a first-period power-play goal from Giffen Nyren 8:56 into the opening frame.
Stockton scored two messy goals in front of the net in a span of 3:29 to erase the 1-0 deficit and take a 2-1 third-period lead. The lead held for only 2:46 before Brett Parnham tied it on a power-play goal to tie things up at 2-2 with 4:55 left in regulation. Simon Ferguson and Matt Reber picked up the assists.
Utah vs. Stockton
Game 1: Utah 5, Stockton 2
Game 2: Stockton 3, Utah 2 (OT)
Game 3: Saturday, April 9, Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Game 4: Sunday, April 10, Utah at Stockton, 5 p.m.*
Game 5: Tuesday, April 12, Utah at Stockton, 8 p.m.*
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 94
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 30
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 28
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 26
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs... 18