WEST VALLEY CITY — The Stockton Thunder scored 3:54 into sudden-death overtime to edge the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 on Wednesday night and tied up their best-of-five series at one game apiece.
J.P. Lamoureux stopped 39 of 42 shots in the game and all 29 through two periods as Utah held a 1-0 lead after 40 minutes. The Grizzlies took the lead on a first-period power-play goal from Giffen Nyren 8:56 into the opening frame.
Stockton scored two messy goals in front of the net in a span of 3:29 to erase the 1-0 deficit and take a 2-1 third-period lead. The lead held for only 2:46 before Brett Parnham tied it on a power-play goal to tie things up at 2-2 with 4:55 left in regulation. Simon Ferguson and Matt Reber picked up the assists.
Utah vs. Stockton
Game 1: Utah 5, Stockton 2
Game 2: Stockton 3, Utah 2 (OT)
Game 3: Saturday, April 9, Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Game 4: Sunday, April 10, Utah at Stockton, 5 p.m.*
Game 5: Tuesday, April 12, Utah at Stockton, 8 p.m.*
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 192
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 44