WEST VALLEY CITY — The Stockton Thunder scored 3:54 into sudden-death overtime to edge the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 on Wednesday night and tied up their best-of-five series at one game apiece.
J.P. Lamoureux stopped 39 of 42 shots in the game and all 29 through two periods as Utah held a 1-0 lead after 40 minutes. The Grizzlies took the lead on a first-period power-play goal from Giffen Nyren 8:56 into the opening frame.
Stockton scored two messy goals in front of the net in a span of 3:29 to erase the 1-0 deficit and take a 2-1 third-period lead. The lead held for only 2:46 before Brett Parnham tied it on a power-play goal to tie things up at 2-2 with 4:55 left in regulation. Simon Ferguson and Matt Reber picked up the assists.
Utah vs. Stockton
Game 1: Utah 5, Stockton 2
Game 2: Stockton 3, Utah 2 (OT)
Game 3: Saturday, April 9, Utah at Stockton, 8:30 p.m.
Game 4: Sunday, April 10, Utah at Stockton, 5 p.m.*
Game 5: Tuesday, April 12, Utah at Stockton, 8 p.m.*
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14