Rick Bowmer, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — David Lee had 29 points and a season-high 20 rebounds and the Golden State Warriors beat the Trail Blazers 108-87 on Tuesday night, tempering the celebration as Portland secured a playoff spot.
Monta Ellis added 30 points for the Warriors, who led by as many as 26 points.
LaMarcus Aldridge had 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Blazers, who saw their eight-game winning streak at the Rose Garden end.
The Blazers clinched a spot in the playoffs just before the half when the Houston Rockets lost 104-101 to Sacramento.
It will be Portland's third straight trip to the postseason. Last year the Blazers were eliminated in the first round by the Phoenix Suns, and the year before they were bumped in the opening round by the Rockets.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35