John Raoux, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — Dwight Howard had 18 points and 17 rebounds, Jameer Nelson scored 17 and the Orlando Magic beat the Milwaukee Bucks 78-72 on Tuesday night.
Coupled with Atlanta's 97-90 loss to San Antonio, the Magic clinched the No. 4 seed for the Eastern Conference playoffs. Orlando won three of four in the season series to improve to 16-5 in its last 21 meetings against the Bucks.
Orlando shot just 38 percent, including a stretch of 19 straight misses from the 3-point line.
Drew Gooden led Milwaukee with 18 points and Keyon Dooling added 10.
Entering Tuesday, any combination of two Bucks losses or victories by Indiana eliminated them from postseason contention. Milwaukee could be officially eliminated Wednesday if it loses at Miami.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 113
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 62
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33