John Raoux, Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. — Dwight Howard had 18 points and 17 rebounds, Jameer Nelson scored 17 and the Orlando Magic beat the Milwaukee Bucks 78-72 on Tuesday night.
Coupled with Atlanta's 97-90 loss to San Antonio, the Magic clinched the No. 4 seed for the Eastern Conference playoffs. Orlando won three of four in the season series to improve to 16-5 in its last 21 meetings against the Bucks.
Orlando shot just 38 percent, including a stretch of 19 straight misses from the 3-point line.
Drew Gooden led Milwaukee with 18 points and Keyon Dooling added 10.
Entering Tuesday, any combination of two Bucks losses or victories by Indiana eliminated them from postseason contention. Milwaukee could be officially eliminated Wednesday if it loses at Miami.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37