Utah Jazz: Kyrylo Fesenko out for tonight against the Lakers
LOS ANGELES — Add another player to the Utah Jazz's injury report.
Center Kyrylo Fesenko will not play tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers because of a sprained right thumb.
Fesenko jammed his hand at practice on Monday and is sporting a brace on his thumb. X-rays taken at Staples Center tonight were negative.
Without Fesenko, the Jazz are down to nine healthy bodies, including recent D-League call-up Kyle Weaver.
Point guard Devin Harris won't play tonight, but Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said the former All-Star could return for Thursday's game against Portland.
Utah is also without Andrei Kirilenko (knee), Raja Bell (foot), Ronnie Price (leg) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Fesenko didn't go through shootaround this morning but was hopeful he'd play tonight.
"I just jammed my finger yesterday. I didn't think it was a big (deal)," Fesenko said.
The Jazz aren't sure what starting lineup they'll use tonight because of injuries to both teams. L.A. big man Pau Gasol is also listed as a game-time decision with a knee injury.
Corbin was waiting as long as possible to set his lineup according to what starters the Lakers were going to use.
If Gasol plays, Corbin said he might insert 6-10 Derrick Favors in the lineup — likely with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson — to counter the Lakers' length.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22