Utah Jazz: Kyrylo Fesenko out for tonight against the Lakers
LOS ANGELES — Add another player to the Utah Jazz's injury report.
Center Kyrylo Fesenko will not play tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers because of a sprained right thumb.
Fesenko jammed his hand at practice on Monday and is sporting a brace on his thumb. X-rays taken at Staples Center tonight were negative.
Without Fesenko, the Jazz are down to nine healthy bodies, including recent D-League call-up Kyle Weaver.
Point guard Devin Harris won't play tonight, but Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said the former All-Star could return for Thursday's game against Portland.
Utah is also without Andrei Kirilenko (knee), Raja Bell (foot), Ronnie Price (leg) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Fesenko didn't go through shootaround this morning but was hopeful he'd play tonight.
"I just jammed my finger yesterday. I didn't think it was a big (deal)," Fesenko said.
The Jazz aren't sure what starting lineup they'll use tonight because of injuries to both teams. L.A. big man Pau Gasol is also listed as a game-time decision with a knee injury.
Corbin was waiting as long as possible to set his lineup according to what starters the Lakers were going to use.
If Gasol plays, Corbin said he might insert 6-10 Derrick Favors in the lineup — likely with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson — to counter the Lakers' length.
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State all...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th in...
- One mistake turned Utah native and Yankees...
- Doug Robinson: Former SLC engineer gets paid...
- High school football: Weber Warriors 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 81
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 67
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 49
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 39
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33