Utah Jazz: Kyrylo Fesenko out for tonight against the Lakers
LOS ANGELES — Add another player to the Utah Jazz's injury report.
Center Kyrylo Fesenko will not play tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers because of a sprained right thumb.
Fesenko jammed his hand at practice on Monday and is sporting a brace on his thumb. X-rays taken at Staples Center tonight were negative.
Without Fesenko, the Jazz are down to nine healthy bodies, including recent D-League call-up Kyle Weaver.
Point guard Devin Harris won't play tonight, but Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said the former All-Star could return for Thursday's game against Portland.
Utah is also without Andrei Kirilenko (knee), Raja Bell (foot), Ronnie Price (leg) and Mehmet Okur (back).
Fesenko didn't go through shootaround this morning but was hopeful he'd play tonight.
"I just jammed my finger yesterday. I didn't think it was a big (deal)," Fesenko said.
The Jazz aren't sure what starting lineup they'll use tonight because of injuries to both teams. L.A. big man Pau Gasol is also listed as a game-time decision with a knee injury.
Corbin was waiting as long as possible to set his lineup according to what starters the Lakers were going to use.
If Gasol plays, Corbin said he might insert 6-10 Derrick Favors in the lineup — likely with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson — to counter the Lakers' length.
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to win...
- Cougars in the pros: Lasike scores first pro...
- BYU football: Suspensions impacting both BYU...
- Brad Rock: Utes to Harbaugh: Update your...
- Special teams makes big plays as Utah State...
- Nebraska looking to set tone of Mike Riley...
- Utah Utes report card: Harbaugh, Michigan...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Utah football: Utes outlast Michigan to... 110
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 80
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 72
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 43
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Brad Rock: Take expletives, not... 35
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 30