SANDY — Real Salt Lake keeper Nick Rimando has been named the Major League Soccer Player of the Month for March. The veteran Rimando took 11 of the 25 first-place votes in the polling and tacked on five second-place votes, beating out for the top spot his RSL teammate, Javier Morales.
The voting emphasized the dominating nature of the Utah side in March, during which RSL went a perfect 4-0-0 in combined CONCACAF Champions League and MLS regular season action (11 goals for, 2 goals against). With the award, Rimando becomes the first goalkeeper in MLS history to win the monthly honor three times, passing a short-list of two-time winners that includes Brad Friedel and Matt Pickens.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23