PROVO — BYU will hold a spring game after all.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has decided that his team will conduct a running-clock, 70-play Blue-White scrimmage at noon Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Prior to the scrimmage, at 11 a.m., Cougar players will conduct a clinic for schoolchildren up to the eighth grade.
Earlier this spring, Mendenhall was leaning toward having a regular practice Saturday rather than a scrimmage.
"I like this team. We are having a great spring that has been very competitive," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We have been fortunate to avoid injuries on the offensive line that would have prevented us from utilizing a game format. I look forward to seeing how we compete against each other as we wrap up spring practices."
The Blue-White game will mark the team's final practice prior to opening fall camp in August in preparation for the program's inaugural season as an independent.
Season tickets are now available through the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-BYU1) or online at BYUtickets.com.
Season ticket packages reflect the team's seven-game home schedule in 2011 (Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State), one more contest than last year, with season ticket package per-game prices staying the same as the 2010 season.
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball tournament
- Morning links: SI features Frank Jackson;...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be better...
- High school baseball: Walker leads Pleasant...
- Utah Jazz: Ranking the best No. 12 picks in...
- Point guard was weak spot in '14-'15, but...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 113
- Mike Sorensen: Utah, BYU not getting a... 86
- Guest commentary: Want national... 66
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 43
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 37
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 19
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 18