PROVO — BYU will hold a spring game after all.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has decided that his team will conduct a running-clock, 70-play Blue-White scrimmage at noon Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Prior to the scrimmage, at 11 a.m., Cougar players will conduct a clinic for schoolchildren up to the eighth grade.
Earlier this spring, Mendenhall was leaning toward having a regular practice Saturday rather than a scrimmage.
"I like this team. We are having a great spring that has been very competitive," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We have been fortunate to avoid injuries on the offensive line that would have prevented us from utilizing a game format. I look forward to seeing how we compete against each other as we wrap up spring practices."
The Blue-White game will mark the team's final practice prior to opening fall camp in August in preparation for the program's inaugural season as an independent.
Season tickets are now available through the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-BYU1) or online at BYUtickets.com.
Season ticket packages reflect the team's seven-game home schedule in 2011 (Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State), one more contest than last year, with season ticket package per-game prices staying the same as the 2010 season.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19