PROVO — BYU will hold a spring game after all.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has decided that his team will conduct a running-clock, 70-play Blue-White scrimmage at noon Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Prior to the scrimmage, at 11 a.m., Cougar players will conduct a clinic for schoolchildren up to the eighth grade.
Earlier this spring, Mendenhall was leaning toward having a regular practice Saturday rather than a scrimmage.
"I like this team. We are having a great spring that has been very competitive," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We have been fortunate to avoid injuries on the offensive line that would have prevented us from utilizing a game format. I look forward to seeing how we compete against each other as we wrap up spring practices."
The Blue-White game will mark the team's final practice prior to opening fall camp in August in preparation for the program's inaugural season as an independent.
Season tickets are now available through the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-BYU1) or online at BYUtickets.com.
Season ticket packages reflect the team's seven-game home schedule in 2011 (Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State), one more contest than last year, with season ticket package per-game prices staying the same as the 2010 season.
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 92
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 28
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21