PROVO — BYU will hold a spring game after all.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has decided that his team will conduct a running-clock, 70-play Blue-White scrimmage at noon Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Prior to the scrimmage, at 11 a.m., Cougar players will conduct a clinic for schoolchildren up to the eighth grade.
Earlier this spring, Mendenhall was leaning toward having a regular practice Saturday rather than a scrimmage.
"I like this team. We are having a great spring that has been very competitive," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We have been fortunate to avoid injuries on the offensive line that would have prevented us from utilizing a game format. I look forward to seeing how we compete against each other as we wrap up spring practices."
The Blue-White game will mark the team's final practice prior to opening fall camp in August in preparation for the program's inaugural season as an independent.
Season tickets are now available through the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-BYU1) or online at BYUtickets.com.
Season ticket packages reflect the team's seven-game home schedule in 2011 (Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State), one more contest than last year, with season ticket package per-game prices staying the same as the 2010 season.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 110
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 43
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14