PROVO — BYU will hold a spring game after all.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall has decided that his team will conduct a running-clock, 70-play Blue-White scrimmage at noon Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Prior to the scrimmage, at 11 a.m., Cougar players will conduct a clinic for schoolchildren up to the eighth grade.
Earlier this spring, Mendenhall was leaning toward having a regular practice Saturday rather than a scrimmage.
"I like this team. We are having a great spring that has been very competitive," Mendenhall said in a statement. "We have been fortunate to avoid injuries on the offensive line that would have prevented us from utilizing a game format. I look forward to seeing how we compete against each other as we wrap up spring practices."
The Blue-White game will mark the team's final practice prior to opening fall camp in August in preparation for the program's inaugural season as an independent.
Season tickets are now available through the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-BYU1) or online at BYUtickets.com.
Season ticket packages reflect the team's seven-game home schedule in 2011 (Utah, Central Florida, Utah State, San Jose State, Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State), one more contest than last year, with season ticket package per-game prices staying the same as the 2010 season.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU basketball star Alan...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- U. student government passes resolution... 54
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 40
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19