SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Another game, another different starting lineup for the Utah Jazz.
Because of match-ups with the Kings, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said he will start Gordon Hayward at the small forward position this afternoon (4 p.m. tip), with Paul Millsap moving back to power forward and Al Jefferson returning to his usual center spot.
Earl Watson and C.J. Miles will be the Jazz's starting backcourt.
Devin Harris traveled with the team and participated in light pregame shooting, but he will not play again due to his strained right hamstring.
Four injured Jazz players did not travel for this two-game trip in the Golden State: Andrei Kirilenko (knee), Raja Bell (foot), Ronnie Price (leg) and Mehmet Okur (back).
The Jazz (36-40) are hoping to snap a seven-game losing streak while pulling off a 4-0 sweep over the Kings (21-54) in this battle of lottery-bound teams.
The Kings will start 6-foot-6 point guard Tyreke Evans, 6-4 guard Marcus Thornton and 6-7 swingman Francisco Garcia — which is why Hayward was inserted into the starting lineup for Utah — along with bigs DeMarcus Cousins and Samuel Dalembert.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 116
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 64
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 52
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45