Jackson also said he was sad to see the Jazz fade the way they have since early in the season. He even compared Utah's current state to what's happening with the Sacramento Kings, who are seemingly bound to move to Anaheim after the season ends.
"It's something where you kind of rue the demise of teams that we have had," Jackson said. "We've watched Sacramento go through this the last three or four years after having the best fans in the league. To see them go through all that stuff is really pretty hard. Then to see the Jazz, who have been a staple in this league, have a great start and then perhaps not make the playoffs is pretty hard to see."
That's interesting that Jackson would say that when Jazz fans would counter it's been tough to see him enjoy so many big wins at their team's expense. But fans of many teams can relate.
If Jackson does follow through with his promise of this being his last stand, it will be a big loss for the NBA. He has his critics who wonder how he would have done with teams that didn't feature Michael Jordan in Chicago, and Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal in L.A. His days of winning titles may have ended prematurely if Memphis hadn't made the stupid trade of sending Pau Gasol his way.
You can't argue with his results though. The NBA isn't a beauty contest or the BCS. Jackson's teams have finished the season as world champions more than anyone else. That makes him the best of all-time — even if he is the enemy of the state.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36