Matt Slocum, Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — Cliff Lee struck out 11 over seven impressive innings in his first game back with Philadelphia, five players had multiple hits and the Phillies beat the Houston Astros 9-4 Saturday night.
A day after rallying against closer Brandon Lyon for a comeback win in the ninth, the Phillies roughed up starter Wandy Rodriguez.
The victory might be costly to the Phillies because center fielder Shane Victorino left with soreness in his left calf. There was no immediate word on the extent of his injury, but Victorino has twice been on the disabled list with calf strains.
The Phillies already are missing second baseman Chase Utley, closer Brad Lidge and outfielder Domonic Brown.
Lee (1-0) allowed three runs and four hits.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18