Matt Slocum, Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — Cliff Lee struck out 11 over seven impressive innings in his first game back with Philadelphia, five players had multiple hits and the Phillies beat the Houston Astros 9-4 Saturday night.
A day after rallying against closer Brandon Lyon for a comeback win in the ninth, the Phillies roughed up starter Wandy Rodriguez.
The victory might be costly to the Phillies because center fielder Shane Victorino left with soreness in his left calf. There was no immediate word on the extent of his injury, but Victorino has twice been on the disabled list with calf strains.
The Phillies already are missing second baseman Chase Utley, closer Brad Lidge and outfielder Domonic Brown.
Lee (1-0) allowed three runs and four hits.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34