Lennie Mahler, Deseret News
Thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gathered in Salt Lake City on Saturday, April 2, for the church's general conference. The announcement of three new LDS Church temples in North America — in Colorado, Idaho and Canada — highlighted President Thomas S. Monson's opening address in the Saturday morning session, while 10 new LDS general authorities and 41 Area Seventies were sustained during the Saturday afternoon session.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Longtime USU professor arrested in Maryland...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14