Lennie Mahler, Deseret News
Thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gathered in Salt Lake City on Saturday, April 2, for the church's general conference. The announcement of three new LDS Church temples in North America — in Colorado, Idaho and Canada — highlighted President Thomas S. Monson's opening address in the Saturday morning session, while 10 new LDS general authorities and 41 Area Seventies were sustained during the Saturday afternoon session.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 72
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24