Lennie Mahler, Deseret News
Thousands of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gathered in Salt Lake City on Saturday, April 2, for the church's general conference. The announcement of three new LDS Church temples in North America — in Colorado, Idaho and Canada — highlighted President Thomas S. Monson's opening address in the Saturday morning session, while 10 new LDS general authorities and 41 Area Seventies were sustained during the Saturday afternoon session.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8