WEST VALLEY CITY — The Bakersfield Condors defeated the Utah Grizzlies 3-1 Friday night in front of a sellout and all-time high attendance of 10,700 at Maverik Center.
Utah outshot Bakersfield 40-34 in a game that turned out to be a matchup of two strong goaltenders. Brian Stewart stopped 39 of 40 from Utah in the game and Andrew Engelage turned aside 31 of 33 in a losing effort for Utah.
Utah made it 2-1 off of a face-off 13:36 into the final period as Marcus Carroll won the draw to Hugo Carpentier who buried his 16th goal of the year.
Bakersfield completed the scoring with an empty-net goal in the final 30 seconds.
The Grizzlies host Bakersfield again Saturday at 7 p.m. before opening the playoffs next week.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 62
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51