INDIAN ROCKS BEACH, Fla. — The lawyer for the boyfriend of a missing police recruit says his client does not know where the 35-year-old woman is.
Thomas Reilly of Elmira, N.Y., told the Associated Press on Friday that his client, David Perry, did nothing and does not know the whereabouts of Kelly Rothwell.
Rothwell was last seen by a friend on March 12. She and Perry lived together in a Gulf-front condo. Authorities say Perry abruptly left the condo on March 13 and has refused to cooperate with detectives.
Reilly says his client has the "right to not talk, and he's not talking."
Associated Press writer Ben Dobbin in Rochester, N.Y., contributed to this report.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5