SHYATT NAMED NEW COACH AT WYOMING
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming dipped into its past Thursday and hired back Larry Shyatt, an associate head coach at Florida, as the Cowboys' head basketball coach.
Shyatt, 59, agreed to a five-year contract and replaces Heath Schroyer, who was fired in February. Shyatt previously coached the Cowboys during the 1997-98 season, when he guided them to a 19-9 record before leaving to become head coach at Clemson.
He spent seven years at Florida and helped the Gators win the 2006 and 2007 NCAA titles plus three Southeastern Conference tournaments. Shyatt has spent 35 years as a college coach. He also has coached at Providence College, Utah and New Mexico.
WALKER TAKES LEAD IN HOUSTON OPEN
HUMBLE, Texas — Jimmy Walker tied the course record with a 9-under 63 on Thursday to take a two-shot lead over Josh Teater and Nick O'Hern after the first round of the Houston Open golf tournament.
Walker matched the record set by Johnson Wagner and Adam Scott in the first round of the 2008 tournament. Chris Kirk was three back after a 66, and Steve Stricker was among four players tied at 67.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Virginia gearing up for big road test at No....
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 66
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 51
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 44