SHYATT NAMED NEW COACH AT WYOMING
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Wyoming dipped into its past Thursday and hired back Larry Shyatt, an associate head coach at Florida, as the Cowboys' head basketball coach.
Shyatt, 59, agreed to a five-year contract and replaces Heath Schroyer, who was fired in February. Shyatt previously coached the Cowboys during the 1997-98 season, when he guided them to a 19-9 record before leaving to become head coach at Clemson.
He spent seven years at Florida and helped the Gators win the 2006 and 2007 NCAA titles plus three Southeastern Conference tournaments. Shyatt has spent 35 years as a college coach. He also has coached at Providence College, Utah and New Mexico.
WALKER TAKES LEAD IN HOUSTON OPEN
HUMBLE, Texas — Jimmy Walker tied the course record with a 9-under 63 on Thursday to take a two-shot lead over Josh Teater and Nick O'Hern after the first round of the Houston Open golf tournament.
Walker matched the record set by Johnson Wagner and Adam Scott in the first round of the 2008 tournament. Chris Kirk was three back after a 66, and Steve Stricker was among four players tied at 67.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21