Four to be inducted into University of Utah Hall of Fame
SALT LAKE CITY — Luther "Ticky" Burden and Wat Misaka are among those being inducted into the University of Utah Hall of Fame.
Burden ranks as the sixth-leading scorer in Utah history, with 1,790 points in 80 games during the early 70s.
Misaka, born to Japanese immigrants in Ogden, led Utah to NCAA and NIT championships in the 1940s.
They will be inducted April 18 along with Jeff Griffin, one of the top defensive backs in Utah history, and Sue Stednitz, a gymnast who led the Utes to their first NCAA team championship in 1982.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27