Alessandro Trovati, File, Associated Press
WINTER PARK, Colo. — Ted Ligety's way of unwinding from a wearing winter of ski racing involves one thing.
Ligety, the reigning World Cup giant slalom winner, really has few other hobbies.
And with the snow in his hometown of Park City, Utah, beckoning this time of year, the skis won't go into the closet anytime soon — if at all.
Ligety's offseason to-do list is quite extensive, starting with the U.S. championships Thursday as he competes in the giant slalom against up-and-comers in the ski program.
He also will attend a series of slalom and super-G training camps that stretch into July.
That's simply the commitment it takes to become an overall World Cup champion.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20