Alessandro Trovati, File, Associated Press
WINTER PARK, Colo. — Ted Ligety's way of unwinding from a wearing winter of ski racing involves one thing.
Ligety, the reigning World Cup giant slalom winner, really has few other hobbies.
And with the snow in his hometown of Park City, Utah, beckoning this time of year, the skis won't go into the closet anytime soon — if at all.
Ligety's offseason to-do list is quite extensive, starting with the U.S. championships Thursday as he competes in the giant slalom against up-and-comers in the ski program.
He also will attend a series of slalom and super-G training camps that stretch into July.
That's simply the commitment it takes to become an overall World Cup champion.
- BYU jumps into national spotlight after big...
- Holmoe assesses the state of the program as...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU matchup...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Best of the West: Arizona back to top seed...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 107
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 64
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 40
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 37
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 35
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 33