Alessandro Trovati, File, Associated Press
WINTER PARK, Colo. — Ted Ligety's way of unwinding from a wearing winter of ski racing involves one thing.
Ligety, the reigning World Cup giant slalom winner, really has few other hobbies.
And with the snow in his hometown of Park City, Utah, beckoning this time of year, the skis won't go into the closet anytime soon — if at all.
Ligety's offseason to-do list is quite extensive, starting with the U.S. championships Thursday as he competes in the giant slalom against up-and-comers in the ski program.
He also will attend a series of slalom and super-G training camps that stretch into July.
That's simply the commitment it takes to become an overall World Cup champion.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35