Alessandro Trovati, File, Associated Press
WINTER PARK, Colo. — Ted Ligety's way of unwinding from a wearing winter of ski racing involves one thing.
Ligety, the reigning World Cup giant slalom winner, really has few other hobbies.
And with the snow in his hometown of Park City, Utah, beckoning this time of year, the skis won't go into the closet anytime soon — if at all.
Ligety's offseason to-do list is quite extensive, starting with the U.S. championships Thursday as he competes in the giant slalom against up-and-comers in the ski program.
He also will attend a series of slalom and super-G training camps that stretch into July.
That's simply the commitment it takes to become an overall World Cup champion.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 35
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 35
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23