Alessandro Trovati, File, Associated Press
WINTER PARK, Colo. — Ted Ligety's way of unwinding from a wearing winter of ski racing involves one thing.
Ligety, the reigning World Cup giant slalom winner, really has few other hobbies.
And with the snow in his hometown of Park City, Utah, beckoning this time of year, the skis won't go into the closet anytime soon — if at all.
Ligety's offseason to-do list is quite extensive, starting with the U.S. championships Thursday as he competes in the giant slalom against up-and-comers in the ski program.
He also will attend a series of slalom and super-G training camps that stretch into July.
That's simply the commitment it takes to become an overall World Cup champion.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20