BYU basketball: Awards keep piling up for Jimmer Fredette
On Wednesday, Fredette was named the winner of the Adolph Rupp Award, emblematic of the national player of the year. The award will be presented to Fredette by the Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky Thursday in Houston in conjunction with the Final Four.
Past winners of the Rupp Award include Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Christian Laettner, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and John Wall.
Fredette was also named to the John R. Wooden All-American team, the Los Angeles Athletic Club announced. He is joined on the 10-player team by Notre Dame's Ben Hansbrough, Purdue's JuJuan Johnson, San Diego State's Kawhi Leonard, Kansas' Marcus Morris, Kansas State's Jacob Pullen, Duke's Nolan Smith, Ohio State's Jared Sullinger, Connecticut's Kemba Walker, and Arizona's Derrick Williams.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24