BYU basketball: Awards keep piling up for Jimmer Fredette
On Wednesday, Fredette was named the winner of the Adolph Rupp Award, emblematic of the national player of the year. The award will be presented to Fredette by the Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky Thursday in Houston in conjunction with the Final Four.
Past winners of the Rupp Award include Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Christian Laettner, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and John Wall.
Fredette was also named to the John R. Wooden All-American team, the Los Angeles Athletic Club announced. He is joined on the 10-player team by Notre Dame's Ben Hansbrough, Purdue's JuJuan Johnson, San Diego State's Kawhi Leonard, Kansas' Marcus Morris, Kansas State's Jacob Pullen, Duke's Nolan Smith, Ohio State's Jared Sullinger, Connecticut's Kemba Walker, and Arizona's Derrick Williams.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34