BYU basketball: Awards keep piling up for Jimmer Fredette
On Wednesday, Fredette was named the winner of the Adolph Rupp Award, emblematic of the national player of the year. The award will be presented to Fredette by the Commonwealth Athletic Club of Kentucky Thursday in Houston in conjunction with the Final Four.
Past winners of the Rupp Award include Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Christian Laettner, Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and John Wall.
Fredette was also named to the John R. Wooden All-American team, the Los Angeles Athletic Club announced. He is joined on the 10-player team by Notre Dame's Ben Hansbrough, Purdue's JuJuan Johnson, San Diego State's Kawhi Leonard, Kansas' Marcus Morris, Kansas State's Jacob Pullen, Duke's Nolan Smith, Ohio State's Jared Sullinger, Connecticut's Kemba Walker, and Arizona's Derrick Williams.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26