Wizards work their magic in overtime against Utah Jazz
While walking down an arena hall en route to the exit, Jefferson literally waved off the Jazz's public relations director as he informed the seven-year NBA player that reporters wanted an interview.
This wasn't the first no comment media have recently received from Jefferson, who finished with 15 points and 16 rebounds in 30 minutes.
Favors, who averages 18 minutes and played 23 in this one, was grateful for the extended action.
"I just want to come off the bench and bring energy, try to play hard and really affect the game," Favors said. "It was important to get out there and get the experience, and you just play."
Already without three veteran players — Mehmet Okur (back), Andrei Kirilenko (knee) and Devin Harris (hamstring) — the Jazz finished without a fourth because of an injury.
Raja Bell, who started for Kirilenko for the third straight game, re-tweaked a right foot injury that he's been dealing with for two weeks. He left late in the third quarter to get treatment and X-rays, which came out negative.
"My foot's sore. It's been sore since we played in Chicago," Bell said while gingerly walking out of the locker room. "I've been icing it and trying to keep it right, but I made a move out there tonight and it felt sorer."
The Wizards doubled their road success in large part to the play of rookie sensation John Wall (28 points), Jordan Crawford (15 points) and center JaVale McGee, who had 11 points, 17 boards and three blocked shots while fiercely defending the interior against Jazz bigs.
- 'A little dating community': Marriages emerge...
- Morning links: Most excitement for Jazz since...
- From stutterer to preacher: Former BYU safety...
- Exum, Hood, Cooley shine for Jazz in Summer...
- Aggies, Cougars, Utes named to college...
- Top in-state basketball prospects receiving...
- Police arrest, identify alleged gunman in...
- Newly signed Jazz rookie Trey Lyles 'happy to...
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;... 41
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 38
- Morning links: Most excitement for Jazz... 36
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert... 30
- Hatfield suspended from U. football... 25
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven... 24
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul... 16
- BYU football recruit Charles West shot... 16