Ravell Call, Deseret News
1. Davis (4-0-0)
Was: 1. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Despite graduating great attacking player, the defending champs have scored at least 3 goals in every game. Next up: at Weber, Thursday.
2. Alta (6-0-0)
Was: 2. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: The Hawks are the second-highest scoring team in 5A right now with four goals per game. Next up: vs. Lone Peak, Tuesday.
3. Brighton (4-0-1)
Was: 3. Last week: 3-0-0. Outlook: Stout defense has been very impressive this year with just one goal allowed. Next up: vs. Hillcrest, Tuesday.
4. Viewmont (3-0-0)
Was: 4. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Coach Dave Wigham believes this is the best team he's had in four years as Viewmont's head coach. Next up: vs. Northridge, Tuesday.
5. Woods Cross (4-0-0)
Was: 5. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: In four games so far this season, the Wildcats have scored 20 and surrendered none. Next up: at Highland, Tuesday.
6. Bonneville (2-0-0)
Was: 6. Last week: 0-0. Outlook: It's been a slow preseason for the Lakers who've only played twice. Next up: at
7. Copper Hills (3-1-0)
Was: 9. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Since dropping season opener to Brighton, the Grizzlies have settled in very nicely offensively and defensively. Next up: at West Jordan, Thursday.
8. Mountain View (5-1-0)
Was: 7. Last week: 1-1-0. Outlook: Couldn't break down Brighton's defense in a 2-0 loss last week, but bounced back with four-goal win over Westlake. Next up: at Lehi, Tuesday.
9. Bingham (4-0-1)
Was: 8. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Needed OT to survive a scare from Taylorsville are earning impressive tie with Brighton the week before. Next up: at Riverton, Tuesday.
10. Lehi (6-1-0)
Was: 11. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: The defending 4A champs are off to a great start despite a brief hiccup in 2-1 loss to Copper Hills. Next up: vs. Mountain View, Tuesday.
11. Murray (3-2-0)
Was: 13. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Since back-to-back losses to Lehi and Bingham to open season, it is outscoring opponents 13-2. Next up: at Granger, Tuesday.
12. East (4-1-0)
Was: 18. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Stagnant offense has scored just six goals, but the defense has been superb with one goal against. Next up: vs. Stansbury, Tuesday.
13. Cyprus (5-0-0)
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill doesn't...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 82
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 39