Ravell Call, Deseret News
1. Davis (4-0-0)
Was: 1. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Despite graduating great attacking player, the defending champs have scored at least 3 goals in every game. Next up: at Weber, Thursday.
2. Alta (6-0-0)
Was: 2. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: The Hawks are the second-highest scoring team in 5A right now with four goals per game. Next up: vs. Lone Peak, Tuesday.
3. Brighton (4-0-1)
Was: 3. Last week: 3-0-0. Outlook: Stout defense has been very impressive this year with just one goal allowed. Next up: vs. Hillcrest, Tuesday.
4. Viewmont (3-0-0)
Was: 4. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Coach Dave Wigham believes this is the best team he's had in four years as Viewmont's head coach. Next up: vs. Northridge, Tuesday.
5. Woods Cross (4-0-0)
Was: 5. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: In four games so far this season, the Wildcats have scored 20 and surrendered none. Next up: at Highland, Tuesday.
6. Bonneville (2-0-0)
Was: 6. Last week: 0-0. Outlook: It's been a slow preseason for the Lakers who've only played twice. Next up: at
7. Copper Hills (3-1-0)
Was: 9. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: Since dropping season opener to Brighton, the Grizzlies have settled in very nicely offensively and defensively. Next up: at West Jordan, Thursday.
8. Mountain View (5-1-0)
Was: 7. Last week: 1-1-0. Outlook: Couldn't break down Brighton's defense in a 2-0 loss last week, but bounced back with four-goal win over Westlake. Next up: at Lehi, Tuesday.
9. Bingham (4-0-1)
Was: 8. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Needed OT to survive a scare from Taylorsville are earning impressive tie with Brighton the week before. Next up: at Riverton, Tuesday.
10. Lehi (6-1-0)
Was: 11. Last week: 2-0-0. Outlook: The defending 4A champs are off to a great start despite a brief hiccup in 2-1 loss to Copper Hills. Next up: vs. Mountain View, Tuesday.
11. Murray (3-2-0)
Was: 13. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Since back-to-back losses to Lehi and Bingham to open season, it is outscoring opponents 13-2. Next up: at Granger, Tuesday.
12. East (4-1-0)
Was: 18. Last week: 1-0-0. Outlook: Stagnant offense has scored just six goals, but the defense has been superb with one goal against. Next up: vs. Stansbury, Tuesday.
13. Cyprus (5-0-0)
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- BYU football: Baker Pritchard discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Many expect Jabari Parker to...
- Season-ending victory hurts Utah Jazz's...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 56
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 54
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 47
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24