Young women are 'bright hope' of church
More than 20,000 LDS young women gather to hear President Eyring, others discuss role as guardians of virtue
"As a guardian of virtue, you will protect, shield and defend moral purity because the power to create mortal life is a sacred and exalted power and must be safe-guarded until you are married," Sister Dalton said. "Virtue is a requirement to have the companionship and guidance of the Holy Ghost. You will need that guidance in order to successfully navigate the world in which you live."
Sister Cook asked the youths to be benevolent.
"Thank you for your benevolent lives: for including those who may be different; for your kindness to peers, the elderly, your family and little children; for being neighbors to those who are lonely and those who have challenges and heartache," she said.
The Savior, she added, taught and lived a benevolent life. "Jesus loved all and He served all. Centering our lives on Jesus Christ, will help us acquire this attribute of benevolence."
Sister Dibb spoke of the importance of two specific principles — being honest and true — that will keep individuals safe and on course.
"When we are honest in all things, big and small, we experience peace of mind and a clear conscience," Sister Dibb said. "Our relationships are enriched, because they are based on trust. And the greatest blessing that comes from being honest is that we are able to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. … Being true to our beliefs, even when doing so isn't popular, easy, or fun, keeps us safely on the path that leads to eternal life with our Heavenly Father. Being true also allows us to have a positive effect on the lives of others."
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11