Utah Jazz: Earl Watson, Raja Bell in starting lineup tonight
SALT LAKE CITY — The lineup that struggled at the beginning of Thursday's game for the Utah Jazz will get a second chance tonight.
Because of injuries, Earl Watson and Raja Bell will be starters again when the Jazz host the Dallas Mavericks in a 7 p.m. tipoff at EnergySolutions Arena.
Utah (36-37) will attempt to bring its record back to .500 without Devin Harris and Andrei Kirilenko, who will join Mehmet Okur (back) on the sideline due to injuries.
This will be Harris' third consecutive game he'll miss due to his re-strained right hamstring. Originally tweaked a couple of weeks ago, Harris' hammy acted up again three minutes into Utah's loss Monday at Memphis.
Kirilenko, meanwhile, suffered a contusion of the peroneal nerve in his left knee Wednesday at Oklahoma City. He has been out since that first-half injury, also missing Thursday's overtime loss to New Orleans.
This will be the second game this season that Watson, Bell, C.J. Miles, Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson have started together. Things didn't begin so well Thursday against the Hornets, with the Jazz falling behind 9-0 before rallying to take a 32-27 lead by the end of the first quarter.
Utah ended up losing the game 121-117 in overtime after Emeka Okafor hit a wild, off-balanced shot at the buzzer from 20 feet out following a full-court inbounds pass with 1.3 seconds left.
In the aftermath, both Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin and Millsap have said that it would have been best had the power forward purposely missed his second free throw in the last seconds to prevent the Hornets' game-tying situation from happening.
e-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16