NEW ORLEANS — BYU fans were having some fun in the stands before Thursday night's game against the Gators.
Several waved posters: "Jimmer Gras." One shouted at Florida cheerleaders, "Jimmer's a better Christian than Tim Tebow!"
But Florida fans were bolstered by a Twitter dispatch sent by the greatest Gator of all leading up to Thursday's game.
"I'm a big fan of Jimmer," tweeted Tebow, their former quarterback, "but let's be honest ... He's Gator bait!"
And this gem from CBS television's David Letterman.
Among the top 10 signs you've been watching too much college basketball:
"Answer the phone, 'Hellohio State?' "
"Named kids Xavier, Duke and Notre Dame."
"You ask your girlfriend to marry you using a dry-erase board."
"Your wife refers to your fat butt as 'the Big South.' "
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 44
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26