NEW ORLEANS — BYU fans were having some fun in the stands before Thursday night's game against the Gators.
Several waved posters: "Jimmer Gras." One shouted at Florida cheerleaders, "Jimmer's a better Christian than Tim Tebow!"
But Florida fans were bolstered by a Twitter dispatch sent by the greatest Gator of all leading up to Thursday's game.
"I'm a big fan of Jimmer," tweeted Tebow, their former quarterback, "but let's be honest ... He's Gator bait!"
And this gem from CBS television's David Letterman.
Among the top 10 signs you've been watching too much college basketball:
"Answer the phone, 'Hellohio State?' "
"Named kids Xavier, Duke and Notre Dame."
"You ask your girlfriend to marry you using a dry-erase board."
"Your wife refers to your fat butt as 'the Big South.' "
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 189
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 94
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50