NEW ORLEANS — BYU fans were having some fun in the stands before Thursday night's game against the Gators.
Several waved posters: "Jimmer Gras." One shouted at Florida cheerleaders, "Jimmer's a better Christian than Tim Tebow!"
But Florida fans were bolstered by a Twitter dispatch sent by the greatest Gator of all leading up to Thursday's game.
"I'm a big fan of Jimmer," tweeted Tebow, their former quarterback, "but let's be honest ... He's Gator bait!"
And this gem from CBS television's David Letterman.
Among the top 10 signs you've been watching too much college basketball:
"Answer the phone, 'Hellohio State?' "
"Named kids Xavier, Duke and Notre Dame."
"You ask your girlfriend to marry you using a dry-erase board."
"Your wife refers to your fat butt as 'the Big South.' "
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32