CARSON, Calif. — David Beckham has gotten the captain's armband back for the Los Angeles Galaxy for the first time in three years.
Coach Bruce Arena decided that Beckham will be captain Saturday for the Major League Soccer team's game at Real Salt Lake.
Beckham took over as captain when he joined the team in 2007 but last captained the Galaxy on Oct. 26, 2008. The armband was given to Landon Donovan the following year.
"Yeah, Bruce has asked me to wear it, and I'll be proud to wear it," Beckham said. "It doesn't change the way I play. It's something you're very proud to wear, but you need more that that one leader on the field."
Donovan will miss the game to be with the U.S. national team for its exhibition against Argentina in East Rutherford, N.J.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20