Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Raja Bell is returning to the starting lineup, and Earl Watson will remain a starter for now.
Bell, who was recently replaced as the starting shooting guard by C.J. Miles, will fill in for the injured Andrei Kirilenko (bruised knee) as the Jazz take on the New Orleans Hornets at EnergySolutions Arena.
Watson, meanwhile, will start again for Devin Harris (strained hamstring).
Miles will slide to the small forward position, with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson rounding out the starting five.
The Jazz are hoping to snap a three-game losing streak, which has dropped their record to .500 at 36-36 for the first time since early November.
Kirilenko and Harris both underwent MRI tests earlier today.
Team orthopedist Dr. Lyle Mason confirmed that Kirilenko has a bruised left peroneal nerve. He is considered day-to-day.
Harris' test confirmed that his injury is a strained right hamstring. He is also day-to-day.
Rookie Derrick Favors was cleared to play by the team's medical staff after missing Wednesday's game with a sprained left ankle.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21