Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Raja Bell is returning to the starting lineup, and Earl Watson will remain a starter for now.
Bell, who was recently replaced as the starting shooting guard by C.J. Miles, will fill in for the injured Andrei Kirilenko (bruised knee) as the Jazz take on the New Orleans Hornets at EnergySolutions Arena.
Watson, meanwhile, will start again for Devin Harris (strained hamstring).
Miles will slide to the small forward position, with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson rounding out the starting five.
The Jazz are hoping to snap a three-game losing streak, which has dropped their record to .500 at 36-36 for the first time since early November.
Kirilenko and Harris both underwent MRI tests earlier today.
Team orthopedist Dr. Lyle Mason confirmed that Kirilenko has a bruised left peroneal nerve. He is considered day-to-day.
Harris' test confirmed that his injury is a strained right hamstring. He is also day-to-day.
Rookie Derrick Favors was cleared to play by the team's medical staff after missing Wednesday's game with a sprained left ankle.
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- Jazz forward Trevor Booker assists Utah...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 45
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 32
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30