Utah Jazz: Devin Harris out, Derrick Favors questionable for tonight
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight when they take on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Starting point guard Devin Harris will not dress because of his strained right hamstring, which he re-injured Monday night in Memphis. Veteran Earl Watson will start in his place.
However, backup big Derrick Favors (sprained left ankle) will be available for action two nights after injuring his foot. His injury isn't on the report and he'll likely play, but starting center Al Jefferson is also nursing an injured right pinkie finger.
With every game being pretty much a must-win for the Jazz, coach Tyrone Corbin said the team can't worry about who isn't there. They just have to play their game and get a victory.
"We go with what we have," Corbin said at today's shootaround. "The guys will lay out what they have out there and then we'll see where we're at."
"They're going to come out and try to prove that they're better than what they demonstrated the other night," Corbin said. "And we're not satisfied with the way we've played the last couple of nights.
"Although we have guys banged up, we've got to be ready to play," the coach added. "We can't feel sorry for ourselves because they're not going to feel sorry for us. They're going to try and bury us if they can, so we have to be ready to match that kind of intensity."
The 36-35 Jazz, losers of two straight, return home to host New Orleans on Thursday night for their fourth game in five nights.
Harris remains day-to-day, so his status for Thursday's game against Chris Paul and the Hornets is uncertain.
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Pac-12 notebook: Whittingham clarifies...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 101
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 76
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32