Utah Jazz: Devin Harris out, Derrick Favors questionable for tonight
OKLAHOMA CITY — The Utah Jazz will be shorthanded tonight when they take on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Starting point guard Devin Harris will not dress because of his strained right hamstring, which he re-injured Monday night in Memphis. Veteran Earl Watson will start in his place.
However, backup big Derrick Favors (sprained left ankle) will be available for action two nights after injuring his foot. His injury isn't on the report and he'll likely play, but starting center Al Jefferson is also nursing an injured right pinkie finger.
With every game being pretty much a must-win for the Jazz, coach Tyrone Corbin said the team can't worry about who isn't there. They just have to play their game and get a victory.
"We go with what we have," Corbin said at today's shootaround. "The guys will lay out what they have out there and then we'll see where we're at."
"They're going to come out and try to prove that they're better than what they demonstrated the other night," Corbin said. "And we're not satisfied with the way we've played the last couple of nights.
"Although we have guys banged up, we've got to be ready to play," the coach added. "We can't feel sorry for ourselves because they're not going to feel sorry for us. They're going to try and bury us if they can, so we have to be ready to match that kind of intensity."
The 36-35 Jazz, losers of two straight, return home to host New Orleans on Thursday night for their fourth game in five nights.
Harris remains day-to-day, so his status for Thursday's game against Chris Paul and the Hornets is uncertain.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Ranking the best season by a running back in...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- Utah Utes senior Nate Orchard's goal: Improve...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 105
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 105
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 81
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 53
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30
- College football: BYU receives votes in... 27