Parents: Scott and Patti Carpenter, Holladay
A film is a collective project that means nothing without teamwork. I can effectively work with a variety of personalities under pressure. I have the ability to recognize and communicate humor in the human experience. In my role as sports director for TV West, my hallmark is the fact that my spots and bridges are funny. Kids remember them, and Sports Machine, my segment, has become the most popular portion of the broadcast. I am most proud of my role as host because four years ago, I chose to overcome a stutter that had infiltrated my speech pattern. The stutter was elevated during times of excitement and nervousness. As an active participant in theater and public speaking, it became clear I had to either choose to accept it and lose a passion or fight it and continue to do what I love.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 23 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Composite ACT is 30
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: Senior Class President; Debate team; pitch-Nic Program; Spy Hop Productions; Award-winner billboard design project for Create Don't Hate campaign; Utah representative to Freedoms Foundation Youth Leadership Conference at Valley Forge; Docent, Hogle Zoo; YouthLinc
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22