Parents: Scott and Patti Carpenter, Holladay
A film is a collective project that means nothing without teamwork. I can effectively work with a variety of personalities under pressure. I have the ability to recognize and communicate humor in the human experience. In my role as sports director for TV West, my hallmark is the fact that my spots and bridges are funny. Kids remember them, and Sports Machine, my segment, has become the most popular portion of the broadcast. I am most proud of my role as host because four years ago, I chose to overcome a stutter that had infiltrated my speech pattern. The stutter was elevated during times of excitement and nervousness. As an active participant in theater and public speaking, it became clear I had to either choose to accept it and lose a passion or fight it and continue to do what I love.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 23 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Composite ACT is 30
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: Senior Class President; Debate team; pitch-Nic Program; Spy Hop Productions; Award-winner billboard design project for Create Don't Hate campaign; Utah representative to Freedoms Foundation Youth Leadership Conference at Valley Forge; Docent, Hogle Zoo; YouthLinc
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10