Parents: Lee and Sue Dobrowolski, Layton
I grew up in a military family. That experience, though not uncommon, has shaped my life and instilled in me a great sense of patriotism. My father served in the United States Air Force for over twenty years and I am looking forward to entering one the country's service academies upon my graduation from high school. With my father in the military, I learned to sacrifice at a young age. From my father's service I have learned to appreciate the freedom that I was given at birth and I have developed an appetite to learn as much as I can about my country.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 21 out of 501; GPA is 3.9; Composite ACT is 32.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: Mock Trials; Geography Olympiad; Layton City Youth Council; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Honor; Social Studies Student of the Year; Layton High School Ambassadors; Volunteer with Salt Lake City Police Association; Utah Girl's State; FBLA officer; Newspaper editor-in-chief; Layton High Band president; High Honor Roll.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7