Parents: Jeffrey Coursey, Mary Johnston-Coursey, Salt Lake City
The ability to create is what separates humans from other animals. For me, writing is a necessity, the only way to adequately convey all the stories I want to tell. I believe that some people are born to be artists. Whether they choose film, writing, dance, or painting, artists are bound together by their intrinsic need to convey meaning through a chosen medium. English is what gives my life purpose and direction. When I write I feel as if I am part of something larger, a legacy of people creating new things that will continue long after they die. My thoughts are immortalized through the words I put on a page.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 7 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Composite ACT is 34.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: Big Brothers Big Sisters; National Honor Society; Volunteer at Shriners Hospital for Children; AP Scholar; first place at the Utah State Science Fair; National Scholastic Art and Writing gold medal award; Youthlinc; humanitarian service projects in Africa; IB program; volunteer at WriteOn.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18