Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Top Ten Spring Activities for Utah Families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 104
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 76
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 61
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 43
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24