Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty to...
- Lagoon's Cannibal ride makes late but...
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing tire
- Utah farmer turns alfalfa field into the...
- Two fires were purposely set at U. fraternity...
- Delta man staged hate crimes in a 'cry... 96
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 61
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 28
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 26
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 14