Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 64
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12