Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Wrong way driver killed, 1 critically injured...
- Stolen truck full of $1 million in shoes...
- Top 5 other playgrounds you haven't yet...
- Tea party movement still strong, Harvard...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 38
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 28
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 26
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Tea party movement still strong,... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14