Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Mom who murdered 6 newborns sent to prison...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Man paralyzed in shooting appeals sentence...
- A Utah hiker's dream: A trek that may take...
- 17 pictures that will make you appreciate...
- Woman stole mail from 127 people, police say
- Saratoga Springs man caught on video...
- County clerks in Utah poring over new... 62
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 27
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 24
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 18
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- Second student sues district over... 15
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth... 11
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 9