Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as national...
- Landslide remediation plans emerge amid...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 34
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 33
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 23
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 20
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20