Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26