Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- House panel to discuss bill on ending tax on...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- House panel to discuss bill on ending... 8