Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Police investigating shooting death in SLC
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 21
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18