Parents: Lyndon and Elizabeth Ricks, Centerville
Having had many opportunities to perform on the piano, I am usually labeled "the girl with the fast fingers." Many know that I have uniquely fast fingers, but few know that I am also often lonely. Although having fast fingers may be a gift I was blessed with, I have had to develop the skill. Similarly I have had to develop ways to cope with loneliness.
Practicing the piano is a lonely business. The hours of practice for a single performance have often felt burdensome. Many times I have felt that the time commitment of practicing, particularly because of its inherent loneliness, was too steep a price to pay. However, participating in the school choirs and musicals has filled those friendless hours.
Music teaches me perfection and allows me to celebrate the joys that I feel.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 493; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 31.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: DECA officer; Madrigals and Sound Ideas officer and accompanist; Senior Committee; humanitarian service; member of PTSA; Member of Interact Club; youth religious president; Pit Crew member; High Honor Roll; Academic Letter and Music Letter; Outstanding Math Student Award; private piano instructor.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 80
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17