Parents: Mamunur and Samina Kahn, Salt Lake City
I believe that science is an extremely interdisciplinary field, and as a result, it does not end in the laboratory. I have realized that science is the base of innovation — the brightest thinkers are attracted to this field simply because exploration of the natural world is one of the highest intellectual pursuits. I have also realized that being a scientist does not simply mean I have to perform experiments, I must also be a public speaker, a technician and a critical thinker.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 523; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 34.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: HOSA; Science Olympiad; Work Shadow, Utah Heart Clinic; intern, LDS Hospital Oncology Department/Surgical Nursing Unit; President, National Honor Society; Co-President, Speech and Debate Club; Vice-President, Model United Nations; Program Aide, Girl Scouts of Utah; Service Vice President for HOSA; AP Scholar with Distinction; National AP Scholar; DECA; Big Brothers Big Sisters; Utah Food Bank; ARUP.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9