Parents: Mamunur and Samina Kahn, Salt Lake City
I believe that science is an extremely interdisciplinary field, and as a result, it does not end in the laboratory. I have realized that science is the base of innovation — the brightest thinkers are attracted to this field simply because exploration of the natural world is one of the highest intellectual pursuits. I have also realized that being a scientist does not simply mean I have to perform experiments, I must also be a public speaker, a technician and a critical thinker.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 523; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 34.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: HOSA; Science Olympiad; Work Shadow, Utah Heart Clinic; intern, LDS Hospital Oncology Department/Surgical Nursing Unit; President, National Honor Society; Co-President, Speech and Debate Club; Vice-President, Model United Nations; Program Aide, Girl Scouts of Utah; Service Vice President for HOSA; AP Scholar with Distinction; National AP Scholar; DECA; Big Brothers Big Sisters; Utah Food Bank; ARUP.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14