Parents: Mamunur and Samina Kahn, Salt Lake City
I believe that science is an extremely interdisciplinary field, and as a result, it does not end in the laboratory. I have realized that science is the base of innovation — the brightest thinkers are attracted to this field simply because exploration of the natural world is one of the highest intellectual pursuits. I have also realized that being a scientist does not simply mean I have to perform experiments, I must also be a public speaker, a technician and a critical thinker.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 523; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 34.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: HOSA; Science Olympiad; Work Shadow, Utah Heart Clinic; intern, LDS Hospital Oncology Department/Surgical Nursing Unit; President, National Honor Society; Co-President, Speech and Debate Club; Vice-President, Model United Nations; Program Aide, Girl Scouts of Utah; Service Vice President for HOSA; AP Scholar with Distinction; National AP Scholar; DECA; Big Brothers Big Sisters; Utah Food Bank; ARUP.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Kaysville man with MS shares hope with others
- 25-year-old man dies after losing control of...
- Teen with traumatic brain injury making...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 73
- Parties have now finalized arguments in... 53
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 36
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29