Parents: Mamunur and Samina Kahn, Salt Lake City
I believe that science is an extremely interdisciplinary field, and as a result, it does not end in the laboratory. I have realized that science is the base of innovation — the brightest thinkers are attracted to this field simply because exploration of the natural world is one of the highest intellectual pursuits. I have also realized that being a scientist does not simply mean I have to perform experiments, I must also be a public speaker, a technician and a critical thinker.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 523; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 34.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: HOSA; Science Olympiad; Work Shadow, Utah Heart Clinic; intern, LDS Hospital Oncology Department/Surgical Nursing Unit; President, National Honor Society; Co-President, Speech and Debate Club; Vice-President, Model United Nations; Program Aide, Girl Scouts of Utah; Service Vice President for HOSA; AP Scholar with Distinction; National AP Scholar; DECA; Big Brothers Big Sisters; Utah Food Bank; ARUP.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17