Parents: Hongwei Xu and Fenghuang Zhan, Salt Lake City
Debate has not only changed my academic lifestyle but also my personal life. It has given me a voice and opinion that I can call my own and a drive to excel in all things that I pursue throughout life. I have overcome my shyness and fear of communication. I have become assertive and confident in my own knowledge and abilities and have been able to earn the respect of both my peers and the adults around me. Being forced to argue both sides of every argument, I am able to become less biased in my judgment and make decisions more rationally and beneficially.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 457; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 33.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: NFL Academic All-American; Debate Policy captain; Debate Team Lettering member; GSA vice president and historian; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Distinction; National Merit semifinalist; Special Award for In Vitro Biology; HOSA; volunteer at the Research Lab - University of Utah; Tutor; Ronald McDonald House.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 94
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18