Parents: Hongwei Xu and Fenghuang Zhan, Salt Lake City
Debate has not only changed my academic lifestyle but also my personal life. It has given me a voice and opinion that I can call my own and a drive to excel in all things that I pursue throughout life. I have overcome my shyness and fear of communication. I have become assertive and confident in my own knowledge and abilities and have been able to earn the respect of both my peers and the adults around me. Being forced to argue both sides of every argument, I am able to become less biased in my judgment and make decisions more rationally and beneficially.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 457; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 33.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: NFL Academic All-American; Debate Policy captain; Debate Team Lettering member; GSA vice president and historian; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Distinction; National Merit semifinalist; Special Award for In Vitro Biology; HOSA; volunteer at the Research Lab - University of Utah; Tutor; Ronald McDonald House.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 8