Parents: Hongwei Xu and Fenghuang Zhan, Salt Lake City
Debate has not only changed my academic lifestyle but also my personal life. It has given me a voice and opinion that I can call my own and a drive to excel in all things that I pursue throughout life. I have overcome my shyness and fear of communication. I have become assertive and confident in my own knowledge and abilities and have been able to earn the respect of both my peers and the adults around me. Being forced to argue both sides of every argument, I am able to become less biased in my judgment and make decisions more rationally and beneficially.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 457; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 33.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: NFL Academic All-American; Debate Policy captain; Debate Team Lettering member; GSA vice president and historian; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Distinction; National Merit semifinalist; Special Award for In Vitro Biology; HOSA; volunteer at the Research Lab - University of Utah; Tutor; Ronald McDonald House.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 14