Parents: Hongwei Xu and Fenghuang Zhan, Salt Lake City
Debate has not only changed my academic lifestyle but also my personal life. It has given me a voice and opinion that I can call my own and a drive to excel in all things that I pursue throughout life. I have overcome my shyness and fear of communication. I have become assertive and confident in my own knowledge and abilities and have been able to earn the respect of both my peers and the adults around me. Being forced to argue both sides of every argument, I am able to become less biased in my judgment and make decisions more rationally and beneficially.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 457; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 33.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: NFL Academic All-American; Debate Policy captain; Debate Team Lettering member; GSA vice president and historian; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Distinction; National Merit semifinalist; Special Award for In Vitro Biology; HOSA; volunteer at the Research Lab - University of Utah; Tutor; Ronald McDonald House.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9