Parents: Hongwei Xu and Fenghuang Zhan, Salt Lake City
Debate has not only changed my academic lifestyle but also my personal life. It has given me a voice and opinion that I can call my own and a drive to excel in all things that I pursue throughout life. I have overcome my shyness and fear of communication. I have become assertive and confident in my own knowledge and abilities and have been able to earn the respect of both my peers and the adults around me. Being forced to argue both sides of every argument, I am able to become less biased in my judgment and make decisions more rationally and beneficially.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks first out of 457; GPA is 4.0; Composite ACT is 33.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: NFL Academic All-American; Debate Policy captain; Debate Team Lettering member; GSA vice president and historian; National Honor Society; AP Scholar with Distinction; National Merit semifinalist; Special Award for In Vitro Biology; HOSA; volunteer at the Research Lab - University of Utah; Tutor; Ronald McDonald House.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23