Parents: Tihomir and Elena Asparouhov, Salt Lake City
My interest in Mathematics began when I started to go to Mathcounts practices and competitions in the 7th grade. Later that year I was surprised with a third place at the state competition and my qualification to the national competition showed me that I had an aptitude for math and gave me a sense of competitiveness.
Participation in this Sterling Scholar Mathematics competition gives me the chance to realize and gather together all of my achievements in mathematics and provide a moment of reflection.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 19 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Cumulative ACT is 35.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: National Merit Semifinalist (finalist standing pending); valedictorian; captain of the Utah ARM; Silver Medalist in the AMC 12; AIMS participant past 4 years; captain of Utah Crew; National Honor Society; Cottonwood Heights and Salt Lake City Community Math Club founder and teacher; Founding member and Captain of Red Rock FIRST Robotics; AP Scholar with Distinction; DECA.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20