Parents: Tihomir and Elena Asparouhov, Salt Lake City
My interest in Mathematics began when I started to go to Mathcounts practices and competitions in the 7th grade. Later that year I was surprised with a third place at the state competition and my qualification to the national competition showed me that I had an aptitude for math and gave me a sense of competitiveness.
Participation in this Sterling Scholar Mathematics competition gives me the chance to realize and gather together all of my achievements in mathematics and provide a moment of reflection.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 19 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Cumulative ACT is 35.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: National Merit Semifinalist (finalist standing pending); valedictorian; captain of the Utah ARM; Silver Medalist in the AMC 12; AIMS participant past 4 years; captain of Utah Crew; National Honor Society; Cottonwood Heights and Salt Lake City Community Math Club founder and teacher; Founding member and Captain of Red Rock FIRST Robotics; AP Scholar with Distinction; DECA.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17