Parents: Tihomir and Elena Asparouhov, Salt Lake City
My interest in Mathematics began when I started to go to Mathcounts practices and competitions in the 7th grade. Later that year I was surprised with a third place at the state competition and my qualification to the national competition showed me that I had an aptitude for math and gave me a sense of competitiveness.
Participation in this Sterling Scholar Mathematics competition gives me the chance to realize and gather together all of my achievements in mathematics and provide a moment of reflection.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 19 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Cumulative ACT is 35.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: National Merit Semifinalist (finalist standing pending); valedictorian; captain of the Utah ARM; Silver Medalist in the AMC 12; AIMS participant past 4 years; captain of Utah Crew; National Honor Society; Cottonwood Heights and Salt Lake City Community Math Club founder and teacher; Founding member and Captain of Red Rock FIRST Robotics; AP Scholar with Distinction; DECA.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15