Parents: Tihomir and Elena Asparouhov, Salt Lake City
My interest in Mathematics began when I started to go to Mathcounts practices and competitions in the 7th grade. Later that year I was surprised with a third place at the state competition and my qualification to the national competition showed me that I had an aptitude for math and gave me a sense of competitiveness.
Participation in this Sterling Scholar Mathematics competition gives me the chance to realize and gather together all of my achievements in mathematics and provide a moment of reflection.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 19 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Cumulative ACT is 35.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: National Merit Semifinalist (finalist standing pending); valedictorian; captain of the Utah ARM; Silver Medalist in the AMC 12; AIMS participant past 4 years; captain of Utah Crew; National Honor Society; Cottonwood Heights and Salt Lake City Community Math Club founder and teacher; Founding member and Captain of Red Rock FIRST Robotics; AP Scholar with Distinction; DECA.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8