Parents: Tihomir and Elena Asparouhov, Salt Lake City
My interest in Mathematics began when I started to go to Mathcounts practices and competitions in the 7th grade. Later that year I was surprised with a third place at the state competition and my qualification to the national competition showed me that I had an aptitude for math and gave me a sense of competitiveness.
Participation in this Sterling Scholar Mathematics competition gives me the chance to realize and gather together all of my achievements in mathematics and provide a moment of reflection.
SCHOLARSHIP: Ranks 19 out of 523; GPA is 3.9; Cumulative ACT is 35.
AWARDS AND PROJECTS: National Merit Semifinalist (finalist standing pending); valedictorian; captain of the Utah ARM; Silver Medalist in the AMC 12; AIMS participant past 4 years; captain of Utah Crew; National Honor Society; Cottonwood Heights and Salt Lake City Community Math Club founder and teacher; Founding member and Captain of Red Rock FIRST Robotics; AP Scholar with Distinction; DECA.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- Family of drowned Weber County man hopes free...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 47
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 24
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake... 19