LOGAN — The Utah State football team will be playing in a nationally televised game 2011, as the USU-BYU game will be on ESPN, highlighting their schedule that was released Monday by the Western Athletic Conference.
The battle for the Old Wagon Wheel be on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. in Provo. It will be the 81st meeting between the two teams.
As part of the 14-week, 12-game schedule, USU will have two bye weeks in 2011 — week three in between the Aggies' lone back-to-back home games, and week nine.
"I think the spacing of the two byes is as good as we can get for having two byes in our schedule," USU head coach Gary Andersen said.
USU will play a total of 12 games in 2011, hosting six games, including three non-conference games and three WAC games, while playing six road games.
USU 2011 schedule
at Auburn Sept. 3
WEBER ST. Sept. 10
COLO. ST.* Sept. 24
at BYU Sept. 30
WYOMING Oct. 8
at Fresno St. Oct. 15
LA TECH Oct. 22
at Hawaii Nov. 5
SAN JOSE ST. Nov. 12
at Idaho Nov. 19
NEVADA Nov. 26
at N. Mexico St. Dec. 3
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24