LOGAN — The Utah State football team will be playing in a nationally televised game 2011, as the USU-BYU game will be on ESPN, highlighting their schedule that was released Monday by the Western Athletic Conference.
The battle for the Old Wagon Wheel be on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. in Provo. It will be the 81st meeting between the two teams.
As part of the 14-week, 12-game schedule, USU will have two bye weeks in 2011 — week three in between the Aggies' lone back-to-back home games, and week nine.
"I think the spacing of the two byes is as good as we can get for having two byes in our schedule," USU head coach Gary Andersen said.
USU will play a total of 12 games in 2011, hosting six games, including three non-conference games and three WAC games, while playing six road games.
USU 2011 schedule
at Auburn Sept. 3
WEBER ST. Sept. 10
COLO. ST.* Sept. 24
at BYU Sept. 30
WYOMING Oct. 8
at Fresno St. Oct. 15
LA TECH Oct. 22
at Hawaii Nov. 5
SAN JOSE ST. Nov. 12
at Idaho Nov. 19
NEVADA Nov. 26
at N. Mexico St. Dec. 3
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 60
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29