LOGAN — The Utah State football team will be playing in a nationally televised game 2011, as the USU-BYU game will be on ESPN, highlighting their schedule that was released Monday by the Western Athletic Conference.
The battle for the Old Wagon Wheel be on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. in Provo. It will be the 81st meeting between the two teams.
As part of the 14-week, 12-game schedule, USU will have two bye weeks in 2011 — week three in between the Aggies' lone back-to-back home games, and week nine.
"I think the spacing of the two byes is as good as we can get for having two byes in our schedule," USU head coach Gary Andersen said.
USU will play a total of 12 games in 2011, hosting six games, including three non-conference games and three WAC games, while playing six road games.
USU 2011 schedule
at Auburn Sept. 3
WEBER ST. Sept. 10
COLO. ST.* Sept. 24
at BYU Sept. 30
WYOMING Oct. 8
at Fresno St. Oct. 15
LA TECH Oct. 22
at Hawaii Nov. 5
SAN JOSE ST. Nov. 12
at Idaho Nov. 19
NEVADA Nov. 26
at N. Mexico St. Dec. 3
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 97
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 33
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 29
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27