LOGAN — The Utah State football team will be playing in a nationally televised game 2011, as the USU-BYU game will be on ESPN, highlighting their schedule that was released Monday by the Western Athletic Conference.
The battle for the Old Wagon Wheel be on Friday, Sept. 30, at 6 p.m. in Provo. It will be the 81st meeting between the two teams.
As part of the 14-week, 12-game schedule, USU will have two bye weeks in 2011 — week three in between the Aggies' lone back-to-back home games, and week nine.
"I think the spacing of the two byes is as good as we can get for having two byes in our schedule," USU head coach Gary Andersen said.
USU will play a total of 12 games in 2011, hosting six games, including three non-conference games and three WAC games, while playing six road games.
USU 2011 schedule
at Auburn Sept. 3
WEBER ST. Sept. 10
COLO. ST.* Sept. 24
at BYU Sept. 30
WYOMING Oct. 8
at Fresno St. Oct. 15
LA TECH Oct. 22
at Hawaii Nov. 5
SAN JOSE ST. Nov. 12
at Idaho Nov. 19
NEVADA Nov. 26
at N. Mexico St. Dec. 3
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school football: Riley Nelson hired as...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story priceless,...
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again
- High school softball: 5A, 4A, 3A state...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 57
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 55
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 51
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 47
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40