OMAHA, Neb. — a slim BYU 5-4 lead evaporated Monday afternoon into a 6-5 baseball loss at Creighton University.
Alex Wolfe gave BYU a 5-4 lead in the seventh with a one-out solo homer, his second of the season. That was BYU's only lead in the game after battling back from ties of 2-2 and 4-4.
"We continue to fight and are in positions to make threats, but we have got to make a concerted effort when we score to not led their leadoff guy get on base," said BYU coach Vance Law. "We need to do a better job holding the lead."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49