VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Victoria Salmon Kings 3-2 in overtime Saturday night.
Paul McIlveen jammed in a loose puck off of a Brock Wilson shot 1:33 into the extra session to give Utah the win. Matt Clarke picked up the second assist..
The Grizzlies trailed 2-0 late in the second period before starting the comeback. Simon Ferguson (19) scored a power-play goal with four seconds left in the second period and then tied the contest on a shorthanded breakaway 4:54 into the third period on his team leading 20th goal of the year.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage stopped 36 of 38 shots to allow Utah the chance to comeback as he improved to 19-11-3-1. McIlveen finished the game with one goal and one assist, as the newcomer acquired in a trade from Cincinnati on February 28, extended his scoring streak to four-straight games.
The Grizzlies return home Wednesday, March 23 to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22