VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Victoria Salmon Kings 3-2 in overtime Saturday night.
Paul McIlveen jammed in a loose puck off of a Brock Wilson shot 1:33 into the extra session to give Utah the win. Matt Clarke picked up the second assist..
The Grizzlies trailed 2-0 late in the second period before starting the comeback. Simon Ferguson (19) scored a power-play goal with four seconds left in the second period and then tied the contest on a shorthanded breakaway 4:54 into the third period on his team leading 20th goal of the year.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage stopped 36 of 38 shots to allow Utah the chance to comeback as he improved to 19-11-3-1. McIlveen finished the game with one goal and one assist, as the newcomer acquired in a trade from Cincinnati on February 28, extended his scoring streak to four-straight games.
The Grizzlies return home Wednesday, March 23 to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27