VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Utah Grizzlies defeated the Victoria Salmon Kings 3-2 in overtime Saturday night.
Paul McIlveen jammed in a loose puck off of a Brock Wilson shot 1:33 into the extra session to give Utah the win. Matt Clarke picked up the second assist..
The Grizzlies trailed 2-0 late in the second period before starting the comeback. Simon Ferguson (19) scored a power-play goal with four seconds left in the second period and then tied the contest on a shorthanded breakaway 4:54 into the third period on his team leading 20th goal of the year.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage stopped 36 of 38 shots to allow Utah the chance to comeback as he improved to 19-11-3-1. McIlveen finished the game with one goal and one assist, as the newcomer acquired in a trade from Cincinnati on February 28, extended his scoring streak to four-straight games.
The Grizzlies return home Wednesday, March 23 to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 35
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34