The outcome of HB477 makes one wish for the good old days when Governors Leavitt, Walker and Huntsman had the courage to moderate the Legislature when it got too far ahead of citizen opinion. They watched out for the interests of the people. But with Gov. Gary Herbert those days are clearly gone, and the Legislature acts without restraint.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: Government, health care
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15