VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Victoria Salmon Kings scored five first-period goals on its way to a 9-2 victory over the Utah Grizzlies on Wednesday night.
Utah (31-26-4-2) took a 1-0 lead 8:30 into the first period as Brett Parnham scored his 17th goal of the year.
But Victoria closed the period by scoring five goals in a 6:59 stretch to take a 5-1 first intermission lead.
Utah made it 5-2 in the second period on a Hugo Carpentier goal, as he crashed the net for his 13th score of the season on the power-play.
Victoria responded with two goals late in the second period and two more in the third to finish the rout.
Tyler Sims and Shane Connelly split goaltending duties for Utah in the game.
Shea Guthrie factored in on both Utah goals by tallying two assists.
Utah and the Salmon Kings meet again Friday and Saturday in Canada. Face-off is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. each night.
The Grizzlies return home on Wednesday, March 23, to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m..
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29