VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Victoria Salmon Kings scored five first-period goals on its way to a 9-2 victory over the Utah Grizzlies on Wednesday night.
Utah (31-26-4-2) took a 1-0 lead 8:30 into the first period as Brett Parnham scored his 17th goal of the year.
But Victoria closed the period by scoring five goals in a 6:59 stretch to take a 5-1 first intermission lead.
Utah made it 5-2 in the second period on a Hugo Carpentier goal, as he crashed the net for his 13th score of the season on the power-play.
Victoria responded with two goals late in the second period and two more in the third to finish the rout.
Tyler Sims and Shane Connelly split goaltending duties for Utah in the game.
Shea Guthrie factored in on both Utah goals by tallying two assists.
Utah and the Salmon Kings meet again Friday and Saturday in Canada. Face-off is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. each night.
The Grizzlies return home on Wednesday, March 23, to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m..
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- High school football: Parry's Power Guide for...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 79
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 52
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32