VICTORIA, British Columbia — The Victoria Salmon Kings scored five first-period goals on its way to a 9-2 victory over the Utah Grizzlies on Wednesday night.
Utah (31-26-4-2) took a 1-0 lead 8:30 into the first period as Brett Parnham scored his 17th goal of the year.
But Victoria closed the period by scoring five goals in a 6:59 stretch to take a 5-1 first intermission lead.
Utah made it 5-2 in the second period on a Hugo Carpentier goal, as he crashed the net for his 13th score of the season on the power-play.
Victoria responded with two goals late in the second period and two more in the third to finish the rout.
Tyler Sims and Shane Connelly split goaltending duties for Utah in the game.
Shea Guthrie factored in on both Utah goals by tallying two assists.
Utah and the Salmon Kings meet again Friday and Saturday in Canada. Face-off is scheduled for 8:05 p.m. each night.
The Grizzlies return home on Wednesday, March 23, to host Las Vegas at 7:05 p.m..
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43