PROVO — In the newest US News & World Report's "Best Graduate Schools" report, BYU's J. Reuben Clark Law School was ranked higher by law firm recruiters than by the magazine.
The Provo school came in at No. 42 overall, but law firms picked it as the No. 32 school.
However, in a recent article by author Malcolm Gladwell, he ranked BYU as the No. 2 law school, based on value, LSAT scores and faculty publishing. Chicago topped his list with Harvard, Yale, Texas and Virginia following behind BYU.
It's not the first time BYU has been recognized as a top-value school.
In September, the J. Reuben Clark Law School was ranked second after Georgia State on the "Best Value List" published by preLaw magazine and announced by National Jurist.
The list looked at schools that have a bar pass rate higher than the state average, average indebtedness after graduation that's below $100,000 and an employment rate for 85 percent of the class or more, nine months after graduation.
Across BYU's campus, the Romney Institute of Public Management was listed by US News & World Report as 51st in the top public affairs program, the Ira A. Fulton College of Engineering and Technology was ranked 59th in mechanical engineering, 68th in chemical engineering and 73rd in civil engineering.
The David O. McKay School of Education was ranked 72nd in the top speech-language pathology programs, while the School of Social Work ranked 82nd.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12