Girlfriend of Pleasant Grove man being investigated in his wife's death released from jail
"I think everyone should feel some satisfaction out of (the plea deal)," Easton said.
But family members of MacNeill who were in court Tuesday were clearly unhappy that Willis is out of jail. And Somers believes her dad and Willis have been in contact since being sentenced to prison.
Willis' roommates told investigators Willis had threatened to cut the brake lines of their mom's car or poison her before her death and even stole a picture of her from the house, according to court documents.
Prosecutors are still investigating Michele MacNeill's death and have indicated they may file murder charges against him.
"This is not what we wanted," Rachel MacNeill said of the court proceedings Tuesday. "We wanted Gypsy to stay in jail, and now she's out and she's a threat. I just want the world safe from these monsters."
- Davis High teacher faces rape charges
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- New allegation: John Swallow asked for $120K...
- Ad campaign targets proposed Utah...
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a trailer
- Ogden couple not giving up hope on finding...
- Timeline: 3 years after Provo Tabernacle...
- Family of child who survived abuse raises...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for... 79
- Minimum wage debate rages on 23
- Ad campaign targets proposed Utah... 22
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 17
- New allegation: John Swallow asked for... 17
- State GOP Central Committee chooses... 16
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 16
- Economy strong but face of Utah... 14