LONDON — Robert Redford says he is planning to launch a four-day version of the Sundance Film Festival in London.
The Academy Award-winning actor, director and producer said Tuesday that Sundance London will "bring a particular slice of American culture to life" in the capital and present films from American filmmakers as well as current American music.
Sundance London will feature film screenings, live music performances, discussions and panels.
The festival will be held from April 26 to April 29, 2012, at the O2 arena, which is owned by AEG Europe.
Redford, who rose to fame in films including "The Sting" and "Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid," founded the annual Sundance Film Festival in Utah to promote independent filmmaking.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- 10 books that you were forced to read in...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could help...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 6
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Is 'Harry Potter' actually about mental... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1