Mitt Romney attacked on his home turf by former supporter Rick Santorum
On Monday former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum bashed Mitt Romney like Albert Pujols crushes baseballs: with great frequency and force.
A Republican from Pennsylvania considering a run for the White House, Santorum has been characterized by the New Hampshire Journal as "Mitt Romney with a soul." Even though Santorum actively campaigned for Romney in 2008, that didn't preclude him from targeting Mitt on Monday during a visit to the Bay State where Romney served as governor from 2003-07. The criticisms largely centered on the healthcare reform Romney helped usher in toward the end of his gubernatorial term.
The Boston Globe reports Santorum saying, "The issues, unfortunately, don't line up particularly well for Governor Romney this time, particularly with health care being front and center on the stage."
The Boston Herald has video of its sit-down with Santorum ensconced beneath a headline of "Watch out, Mitt Romney!"
In the wake of Santorum's barbs, Chris Good at The Atlantic predicts that Romney's record on health care will be a topic broached "again and again" by his competing Republican presidential candidates.
In a broader view, the New York Times looks at how not just Romney but also Sen. Orrin Hatch and former Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. may be facing blowback in the Beehive State from tea party adherents.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10