Mitt Romney attacked on his home turf by former supporter Rick Santorum
On Monday former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum bashed Mitt Romney like Albert Pujols crushes baseballs: with great frequency and force.
A Republican from Pennsylvania considering a run for the White House, Santorum has been characterized by the New Hampshire Journal as "Mitt Romney with a soul." Even though Santorum actively campaigned for Romney in 2008, that didn't preclude him from targeting Mitt on Monday during a visit to the Bay State where Romney served as governor from 2003-07. The criticisms largely centered on the healthcare reform Romney helped usher in toward the end of his gubernatorial term.
The Boston Globe reports Santorum saying, "The issues, unfortunately, don't line up particularly well for Governor Romney this time, particularly with health care being front and center on the stage."
The Boston Herald has video of its sit-down with Santorum ensconced beneath a headline of "Watch out, Mitt Romney!"
In the wake of Santorum's barbs, Chris Good at The Atlantic predicts that Romney's record on health care will be a topic broached "again and again" by his competing Republican presidential candidates.
In a broader view, the New York Times looks at how not just Romney but also Sen. Orrin Hatch and former Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. may be facing blowback in the Beehive State from tea party adherents.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 142
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36