To view a bracket and or to sign in and play the Deseret News bracket challenge, click right here.
When the pairings were announced for the NCAA Tournament on Sunday, many BYU fans likely had the same reaction to the news about the Cougars' opponent: Where's Wofford?
Wofford was established in 1854 and is a private undergraduate liberal arts college with about 1,500 students. According to its website, the school "offers bachelor's degrees in 26 major fields of study, and is well known for its programs leading to graduate and professional studies (medicine and other health professions, law and the ministry)."
Their basketball team this year is making history according to an article on the Wofford sports website , "This year's squad becomes the 10th team in Wofford basketball history to reach 20 wins in a season."
Their results for this season can be seen at ncaa.com.
According to bleacherreport.com, " The Terriers hit a high percentage on their three pointers, but it isn't a huge part of their attack. They also are among the worst rebounding teams in the country."
Of the BYU/Wofford matchup, USA today said, "With (Brandon) Davies out of the picture, Wofford's big duo of Noah Dahlman and Tim Johnson should likely have an easier time not only getting position in terms of rebounding"
Wofford's pep rally video on March 14 shows the face of each player as they enter the room. It also features an interview with their coach and players who talk about what it will be like to play against BYU and, namely, Jimmer Freddette.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33