Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap out for tonight's tilt, Raja Bell will play
SALT LAKE CITY — As if their recent play hasn't been painful enough, the injuries just continue to pile up for the limping and hobbled Utah Jazz.
Starting power forward Paul Millsap and backup swingman Gordon Hayward are among five Jazz players who have been officially ruled out of tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena.
Hayward (sprained left forefoot) and Millsap (left patellar tendinitis) will be joined on the sideline in street clothes by Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
With Millsap being out, rookie big man Derrick Favors will get his first start as a Jazz player.
C.J. Miles will also start for the Jazz in place of injured shooting guard Raja Bell, who sprained his right pinkie toe but will dress.
Coach Tyrone Corbin said rookie Jeremy Evans was not being demoted by being taken out of the starting lineup after three games as Millsap's replacement. Rather, Corbin said the Jazz needed to make a defensive-based move to try and limit opponents in the early going.
The good news for the Jazz on the injury front is that X-rays on Hayward's injured foot came back negative, meaning he does not have a stress fracture.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 44
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 40
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 33
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21