Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap out for tonight's tilt, Raja Bell will play
SALT LAKE CITY — As if their recent play hasn't been painful enough, the injuries just continue to pile up for the limping and hobbled Utah Jazz.
Starting power forward Paul Millsap and backup swingman Gordon Hayward are among five Jazz players who have been officially ruled out of tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena.
Hayward (sprained left forefoot) and Millsap (left patellar tendinitis) will be joined on the sideline in street clothes by Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
With Millsap being out, rookie big man Derrick Favors will get his first start as a Jazz player.
C.J. Miles will also start for the Jazz in place of injured shooting guard Raja Bell, who sprained his right pinkie toe but will dress.
Coach Tyrone Corbin said rookie Jeremy Evans was not being demoted by being taken out of the starting lineup after three games as Millsap's replacement. Rather, Corbin said the Jazz needed to make a defensive-based move to try and limit opponents in the early going.
The good news for the Jazz on the injury front is that X-rays on Hayward's injured foot came back negative, meaning he does not have a stress fracture.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21