Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap out for tonight's tilt, Raja Bell will play
SALT LAKE CITY — As if their recent play hasn't been painful enough, the injuries just continue to pile up for the limping and hobbled Utah Jazz.
Starting power forward Paul Millsap and backup swingman Gordon Hayward are among five Jazz players who have been officially ruled out of tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena.
Hayward (sprained left forefoot) and Millsap (left patellar tendinitis) will be joined on the sideline in street clothes by Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
With Millsap being out, rookie big man Derrick Favors will get his first start as a Jazz player.
C.J. Miles will also start for the Jazz in place of injured shooting guard Raja Bell, who sprained his right pinkie toe but will dress.
Coach Tyrone Corbin said rookie Jeremy Evans was not being demoted by being taken out of the starting lineup after three games as Millsap's replacement. Rather, Corbin said the Jazz needed to make a defensive-based move to try and limit opponents in the early going.
The good news for the Jazz on the injury front is that X-rays on Hayward's injured foot came back negative, meaning he does not have a stress fracture.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28