Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap out for tonight's tilt, Raja Bell will play
SALT LAKE CITY — As if their recent play hasn't been painful enough, the injuries just continue to pile up for the limping and hobbled Utah Jazz.
Starting power forward Paul Millsap and backup swingman Gordon Hayward are among five Jazz players who have been officially ruled out of tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena.
Hayward (sprained left forefoot) and Millsap (left patellar tendinitis) will be joined on the sideline in street clothes by Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
With Millsap being out, rookie big man Derrick Favors will get his first start as a Jazz player.
C.J. Miles will also start for the Jazz in place of injured shooting guard Raja Bell, who sprained his right pinkie toe but will dress.
Coach Tyrone Corbin said rookie Jeremy Evans was not being demoted by being taken out of the starting lineup after three games as Millsap's replacement. Rather, Corbin said the Jazz needed to make a defensive-based move to try and limit opponents in the early going.
The good news for the Jazz on the injury front is that X-rays on Hayward's injured foot came back negative, meaning he does not have a stress fracture.
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18