Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward, Paul Millsap out for tonight's tilt, Raja Bell will play
SALT LAKE CITY — As if their recent play hasn't been painful enough, the injuries just continue to pile up for the limping and hobbled Utah Jazz.
Starting power forward Paul Millsap and backup swingman Gordon Hayward are among five Jazz players who have been officially ruled out of tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers at EnergySolutions Arena.
Hayward (sprained left forefoot) and Millsap (left patellar tendinitis) will be joined on the sideline in street clothes by Francisco Elson (knee/ankle), Ronnie Price (toe) and Mehmet Okur (back).
With Millsap being out, rookie big man Derrick Favors will get his first start as a Jazz player.
C.J. Miles will also start for the Jazz in place of injured shooting guard Raja Bell, who sprained his right pinkie toe but will dress.
Coach Tyrone Corbin said rookie Jeremy Evans was not being demoted by being taken out of the starting lineup after three games as Millsap's replacement. Rather, Corbin said the Jazz needed to make a defensive-based move to try and limit opponents in the early going.
The good news for the Jazz on the injury front is that X-rays on Hayward's injured foot came back negative, meaning he does not have a stress fracture.
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28