CHICAGO — After missing the past two games with a left knee injury, Paul Millsap thought he was going to be able to play today against the Chicago Bulls.
That changed when he tested his knee in pregame warm-ups on the United Center court.
The patellar tendinitis that has caused Millsap so much pain lately flared up again, forcing him to the sideline yet again.
"It's just painful to run on it," Millsap said in obvious disgust.
As such, rookie Jeremy Evans will start in Millsap's place for the third straight game. He'll join Devin Harris, Raja Bell, Andrei Kirilenko and Al Jefferson in beginning this challenging contest for the Jazz.
Not surprisingly, ex-Jazz player Carlos Boozer will also miss the game for Bulls because of an ankle injury.
Not being able to go is a major disappointment for Millsap.
"It's a tough thing — a tough pill to swallow," Millsap said. "I just want to get back onto the court."
Asked if he'll have to shut it down and give his knee extended time to rest and heal, Millsap responded: "I've been shutting it down. Hopefully, over the next few days it'll be all right. I've just got to see what happens tomorrow, the day after that."
Utah returns home after tonight's game and will follow this four-game road trip with a Monday night game against Philadelphia.
With Boozer out, the Bulls will start Kurt Thomas at power forward. Derrick Rose, Keith Bogans, Luol Deng and Joakim Noah round out Chicago's starting five.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21