MINNEAPOLIS — Kevin Love had 24 points and 12 rebounds and the Minnesota Timberwolves rolled to a 122-101 victory over the sputtering Utah Jazz on Friday night.
Love extended the longest double-double streak since 1973-74 to 53 straight games and Michael Beasley scored 23 points for the Timberwolves, who snapped an incredible 20-game losing streak to Northwest Division opponents.
Gordon Hayward scored 18 points for the new-look Jazz, who have lost 10 of their last 13 games and are falling out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference.
The Jazz are 3-6 since trading start point guard Deron Williams and are looking a little lost without longtime leader Jerry Sloan, who resigned as coach on Feb. 10.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37