I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30