I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- In our opinion: Utah's caucus system needs...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- Letters: Dismantle IRS
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21