I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 30
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 28
- Letter: Sharing culpability 21
- Letter: Distance from religion 19
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Prisons bring much positive change 13
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 12