I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31