I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 52
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 37
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22