I recently had the opportunity to attend a seminar on the University of Utah campus.
At this conference, I was priveledged to hear Coach Kyle Whittingham answer a few questions. One question that was asked was, "Coach, what qualities do you look for when selecting football players?" The answer from Whittingham was athletic ability, character, academics, leadership and attitude.
Although we all can't be talented athletes, think of a world where people strive to live up to and develop these values. Thank you, coach, for embracing the values that will mold the future lives of these young football players.
Darrell K. Paskett
West Valley City
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Lois M. Collins: Wandering back into the land...
- Letter: Modest energy progress
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Poll shows Utahns favor...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 62
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 58
- Letter: Erratic protests 34
- In our opinion: After change to state... 26
- Letter: Modest energy progress 26
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- My view: Moving the prison would... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24