NEW YORK — The Big East tournament is so big, it's getting its own theme song — courtesy of Nick Lachey (lah-SHAY').
The pop singer wrote "Last One Standing," a rocking tribute to the men's basketball tournament being played out this week at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The song will make its national debut during the championship game on Saturday.
Lachey — who was at the tournament Thursday to cheer on his Cincinnati Bearcats — says the song is about the spirit of competition — getting knocked down, and getting back up.
Lachey says he hopes "Last One Standing" endures for years to come.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 152
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 62
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19