NEW YORK — The Big East tournament is so big, it's getting its own theme song — courtesy of Nick Lachey (lah-SHAY').
The pop singer wrote "Last One Standing," a rocking tribute to the men's basketball tournament being played out this week at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The song will make its national debut during the championship game on Saturday.
Lachey — who was at the tournament Thursday to cheer on his Cincinnati Bearcats — says the song is about the spirit of competition — getting knocked down, and getting back up.
Lachey says he hopes "Last One Standing" endures for years to come.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37